Generally, people ask How to transfer a domain name to BlueHost? The reasons are simple because BlueHost provides many facilities to its users. Sometimes people face lots of difficulties because of not having the same hosting and Domain Company. Most of the time it’s important to have the same hosting and domain company. So, the user will able to manage all things in an easy way. BlueHost tried to make it as simple as possible. We will discuss all steps one by one that you will be able to transfer the domain name to BlueHost.
There are lots of domain-providing companies. So, it’s not possible to show all the company’s steps. We are presenting the steps to transfer the domain from your currently registered company to BlueHost. Steps can quite differ depends on your current domain providing company but you will get almost the same way with any domain registered company. You can transfer any .us, .net, .org, .com etc. Follow our instructions and get rid of your problem.
Start with your Current BlueHost Domain Registrar
First of all, you have to prepare your current domain to transfer it to BlueHost. After that, you all need to do just a few things.
- Log in or access your domain control panel.
- Update your contact information. Now, most people forget to update their contact information before starting the process of the domain transfer. That leads to more trouble for them. So, be sure to update your contact information. So that you can get all the necessary information related to domain transfer.
- Keep your privacy option disable while transferring the Domain name. There is no need to worry. You can re-enable your privacy option after domain transfer.
- To point the BlueHost you need to update your current nameserver. You have to use the following. NS1.BLUEHOST.COM and NS2.BLUEHOST.COM. This process is to shows that you have transferred your domain to BlueHost.
- After performing those four steps. Now, you need to unlock your domain name.
- When you will unlock your Domain name. You will get a code that code is an authorization code or you can say transfer EPP code. You need to simply copy the code and then open your BlueHost Domain account.
Now you are ready to transfer your domain name. The time to prepare your BlueHost account for domain transfer.
- Login or access your BlueHost Control Panel. So, that you can do changes.
- Now you will see a domain manager tab. Open that tab.
- You will get the shortcuts menu on the top left-hand side. Click on the shortcut menu. Here you will get some options. You need to click on the “transfer of a new domain to your account”.
- A very easy step. Type the domain name you want to transfer in the search bar and click to continue.
- Now you have to enter the authorization code or EPP code. You copied from your previous domain registrar.
- The last step. Here you will get a second verification code from BlueHot to the administrator e-mail associated with BlueHost.Then all you need to do just enter the verification code. You get from BlueHost and click to continue.
Here you have done all your work. Generally, it takes time from 5 days to 10 days. If you still have any problems? You can connect to the BlueHost Support Team. Just dial 888-401-4678 and your call will be connected to the BlueHost Support team. They are ready to help you 24/7. You can call them or use live chat. Whatever suits you.