If you are a beginner and using the services of Hostgator then this one if the best information or you. With the help of this PHP change article, you can easily make your website performance more powerful. If you want to learn how to change PHP Version in Hostgator then just follow steps and change it now. Let’s do it with the help of this best tutorial you can easily change the PHP version of the Hostgator. Before changing its lest know about what is PHP.
What is PHP?
PHP is a server-side scripting language. This PHP used to develop static, dynamic websites, and web applications. Earlier the PHP stood for Personal home page now its change. The PHP stands for Hypertext Pre-Processor. You can only use the PHP version in those servers in which you installed it.
Why Use PHP?
Among the number of programming languages, PHP is the easiest form of language that is easy to understand. If you are thinking why the number of people uses this language as compared to the JSP, ASP then know the reason mentioned below:-
- PHP is Open Source & free
- Short learning period as compared to the ASP, JSP language
- Large community documents
- Most of the web hosting firms use PHP language because it is easy to manage for all the users.
- PHP regular updates get you in touch with the latest technology trends.
- PHP is cross-platform:- that means you can deploy your application on several different systems windows, Linux, Mac, etc.
Steps to change PHP Version in Hostgator
After knowing about the PHP & its uses now let’s learn how you can change the PHP version is Hostgator. The process is too simple and easy to manage. So let’s follow the steps and change it now.
Tutorial for Cpanel Hosting
- Log in to the Hostgator Cpanel
- Find the Software Section and click on the PHP Selector
- Next page you will see the box click on it and choose the PHP version as you want and click on the update button.
Just in three steps, you can change the PHP version easily. The process is easy for all the creators and beginner. So apply the step now and check your PHP version you didn’t change this yet then change it now.
Tutorial For Plesk Hosting
The default version of the PHP is 5.2, 5.3, and 5.4 on its Plesk hosting version. If you want to change it then apply the following steps and change it now.
- Login to the Plesk panel of the domain name for which you want to change the PHP version.
- Click on the virtual directories link
- Under the tools section, you will get the PHP setting option click on it.
- The next page selects the PHP version & click on the OK button.
Congratulation now you have learned how to change the PHP version in Hostgator easily. Follow the above-mentioned tutorial and change it now.