Camtasia and Filmora, are both considered among the top video editing software. Both of them provide some handy tools, using which videos can be edited with ease. However, among users, Filmora is much more popular than Camtasia.
Through this head-to-head Camtasia vs Filmora comparison, we will try to find if Filmora is better than Camtasia or if they lie in the same boat. But before moving towards the comparison, let’s have an overview of both software.
Overview of Camtasia Studio And Wondershare Filmora
Is Filmora any good?
Filmora is a product of Wondershare and is one of the most powerful video editing tools, currently available in the market. By using this software you can quickly edit videos whether you are a noob or a pro. This software is also used and recommended by many professionals.
Is Camtasia good for video editing?
Camtasia is a product of US-based software company TechSmith. This software is primarily known for its ability to record on-screen activities. Camtasia also comes with some intuitive tools that can help you to edit videos easily. You can choose the other software of TechSmith too. Snagit uses for creating short videos and is good for beginners. After reading the comparison of Snagit and Camtasia We say that Snagit is a better choice for newbies.
Besides this, Camtasia is also best because it provides amazing discount offers to users. Such as you can apply the coupon code of Camtasia to make massive savings on your purchase.
Camtasia Vs Filmora: Similarities
There are lots of things that you can find in common between Camtasia Studio vs Filmora like:
[wpsm_titlebox title=”Filmora And Camtasia Similarities” style=”3″]
- Ease of using: It is very easy to start working with both Filmora and Camtasia. Both the software come with an easy-to-use interface and both beginners and intermediates can use it with ease. You can edit videos by just dragging and dropping elements.
- Preset Templates and Effects: You can find lots of video editing templates, themes, etc. with Camtasia and Filmora. You can easily start working on them and can also customize them accordingly.
- Use of Transitions: The use of transitions between two frames is supported with both the software. Filmora also comes with some inbuilt transition effects that you can use.
- Use of Audio: Camtasia supports the use of audio files. You can either upload a file or record the voice in real-time. The use of music and sound effects is also supported in Filmora. It also provides a library of some free music and sound effects.
- Working Offline: Both Camtasia and Filmora are offline software. For using them you don’t need to have an active internet connection. However, you may require the internet at the time of installing them.
- Devices Supported: Camtasia and Filmora, both the software are compatible with PCs. You can use them on a PC having either Windows or macOS operating systems.
- Exporting Options: Both the software also provides multiple exporting options to a user. You can export your project in various formats including MP4, GIFs, etc. Besides this, you can also upload videos directly to some video streaming platforms like YoutTube or Vimeo.
So, these are some of the major similarities between Filmora and Camtasia. But the Filmora and Camtasia system requirements are quite different. and Filmora vary from each other. However, there are many aspects where they differ, and they are mentioned further.
Camtasia Vs Filmora: Comparison Of Features
Both Camtasia and Filmora provide some amazing video editing features. Here, we have compared some of those features for you:
Filmora vs Camtasia: Usage
[wpsm_titlebox title=”Usage” style=”main”]
It is very easy to start working with both Camtasia and Filmora. However, Camtasia is a documentation software and besides this, it can be used for creating educative/instructive videos. This software can be worth it for you if you are a teacher or want to use it for webinars or presentations.
It is a professional video editing software and is also used by many YouTubers. However, the use of this software is limited to documentation purposes only.
Camtasia Vs Filmora: Video Capturing
[wpsm_titlebox title=”Video Capturing” style=”main”]
Camtasia can also be used for capturing videos in real-time while editing videos. Through it, you can either record your on-screen activities or capture videos from Webcam.
Filmora doesn’t support video recording. The only way to work on a video is by importing it from a device or from other apps.
So, Camtasia is good if you want to make tutorials, or making presentations. Otherwise, you can opt for Filmora.
Filmora Vs Camtasia: Keyframing
[wpsm_titlebox title=”Keyframing” style=”main”]
One of the biggest advantages of using the Filmora is that it supports the use of keyframing. In this way, it helps users in creating frames perfectly and draw professionally. Whereas, with Camtasia, you will find this feature missing.
So, if you want to give a professional look to your videos then using Filmora is better.
Filmora Vs Camtasia: User Support
[wpsm_titlebox title=”User Support” style=”main”]
Camtasia doesn’t provide multiple options to use its support team. If you ever feel stuck while using this software then the only way to contact the support team of Camtasia is through the mail.
In terms of support, Filmora provides a better option than Camtasia. You can contact the support team of Filmora 24/7 through Emails, Live chats, and Tickets.
However, the support team of both the software is capable of solving the queries of users.
Camtasia Vs Filmora: Languages Supported
[wpsm_titlebox title=”Languages Support” style=”main”]
Filmora is available in around 23 languages and the major out of them are English, Japanese, French, Spanish, Chinese, Dutch, etc. Whereas Camtasia only supports only 7 languages that are English, German, French, Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese, and Chinese.
Filmora Vs Camtasia: Integrations
[wpsm_titlebox title=”Integrations” style=”main”]
The Camtasia studio software supports integration with various kinds of software including PowerPoint, TechSmith Snagit, along with some other apps like YouTube, Vimeo, etc. Whereas Wondershare Filmora doesn’t support such kinds of integrations.
So, these are the major attributes that you may find different between Wondershare Filmora vs Camtasia.
Camtasia Vs Filmora: Pricing structure
How much does Camtasia cost?
If you want to enjoy the services of Camtasia then you have to spend a huge amount. Camtasia doesn’t provide any subscription-based plan; the only way to enjoy its services is by choosing its perpetual plan. The Camtasia Price of its lifetime license is $249.99 for both Windows and Mac licenses. By using Camtasia Discount Code, you can save huge bucks on this software.
What Is The Cost Of Filmora?
The pricing structure of Filmora is far better than Camtasia as it provides monthly, yearly, and lifetime licenses. And its pricing is as follows:
|Price||For Windows||For Mac|
These are the pricing of both of these software. This shows that Camtasia is way more expensive than Wondershare Filmora. And choosing Camtasia is only suggested if you want software for Webinars, Presentations, Meeting recordings, etc. By using Filmora 12 discount code, you can also save lots of bucks on it.
Filmora vs Camtasia: Free Version
Is Filmora free?
There is an available Filmora free version, and you can use this version as long as you want. But this version comes with some limited tools and also includes watermarks.
Can I use Camtasia for free?
Camtasia doesn’t provide any free version. However, you can find a Camtasia free trial version and this version will last for only 15 days. This version also restricts commercial usage and can only be used for reviewing purposes. You can do the Camtasia download of this version from its official website.
Camtasia or Filmora: The Bottom Line
Through this comparison between Camtasia vs Filmora, we outlined both the major similarities and dissimilarities between this software. Both the software provides amazing features and can let you do work efficiently.
- If you want to provide a professional touch to your videos then it is suggested to opt for Filmora.
- For making educational or instructive videos, one should go for Camtasia.
Also Read: CCleaner Vs Avast Cleanup Premium